The IT Infrastructure Engineer will primarily focus on the provisioning and maintenance of the IT Infrastructure including, VDI, workstations, servers, network, power and storage systems in addition to managing the day to day running of the data centre. They will also provide third line support, working closely with the IT Support Engineers to provide an escalation path as well as training/guidance for newly provisioned Infrastructure, services and applications.
· Perform network, storage and server administration functions, including configuring, installing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading hardware and operating systems
· Analyse network and system resource utilisation and implement solutions to correct problems to ensure all applications are accessible and functioning properly
· Identify and recommend appropriate changes to infrastructure to improve performance, reliability and availability.
· Build, maintain, and manage physical and virtual infrastructure.
· Proactively manage and troubleshoot storage environments, including the capacity, performance, resilience of systems.
· Collaborate with System Engineers and the wider technology team as needed
· Provide 3rd line support and escalation path for IT Support Engineers
· Participate in a paid 24x7 on-call rotation
· The role is 50% Infrastructure Maintenance, 30% Implementation, and 20% IT Support.
· Predict and prevent performance and service impacting events
· The quick diagnosis and remediation of service outages and incidents
· Take ownership of IT Infrastructure projects and complete tasks in a timely manner
· Good communication with the technology teams to ensure information is dispersed effectively
Role and Responsibilities
· Manage and maintain all storage systems to ensure the performance and capacity requirements of the applications and systems are met.
· Manage and maintain internal and external networks including switches, routers, firewalls and load balances to ensure the stability and performance of all networked devices including ingest and client delivery platforms.
· Manage and maintain both physical and virtual server hardware platforms ensuring the health and performance of the applications and services.
· Manage and maintain the Windows Server operating systems and services including (AD, DNS, DHCP)
· Manage and maintain client delivery services (Signiant, Aspera, FTP) ensuring the Infrastructure and applications remain aligned and fine-tuned for best performance and resilience.
· Manage backup technologies to ensure RTO and RPO objectives and BC policy is followed to protect data and systems
· Manage the Office 365 platform as needed
· Manage Cloud Platform and Technologies as needed.
· Manage the Datacentre/Equipment rooms (Office and DC) ensuring best practice when commissioning and de- commissioning devices and a suitable environment is maintained
· Create and regularly update support documentation and post to the IT Documentation Sharepoint
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
· MCSE preferred
· VCP5-DCV preferred
· CCNA is a plus
· 6+ years directly related experience in a Professional Services or IT Consulting environment
· 4+ years in Systems and Network Administration in an organization with more than 150 servers and demonstrated experience with administration of Microsoft Active Directory, Windows 2008/2012 Servers
· Demonstrated knowledge of server configurations: RAID, SAN, server clustering, networking protocols, DNS, DHCP, VPN technologies, firewalls (Checkpoint) and switching technology
· Demonstrated ability in diagnosing and remedying critical server-related problems and failures promptly and effectively
· Demonstrated knowledge of blade infrastructure (Cisco) and networking components
· Knowledge of in/out of band management
· Excellent communications, interpersonal and customer support skills
· Ability to work in a high energy team environment
· Team player who can build relationships at all levels of the organization.